FAÇA AQUI A SUA RESERVA: 
Entrada: 
Saída: 
History « Palace Hotel | +55 (35) 3697.3350


palace

.

Palace Hotel has a long and memorable history to tell. Inaugurated on the thirties, it was built as part of an architectural set, which included Palace Casino and Antônio Carlos Thermae.
The great and refined project was designed by the architect from Rio de Janeiro, Eduardo Pederneiras, as a promise to make the city of Poços de Caldas one of biggest and most visited balneary in Americas.

.

All the construction process was quickly completed, even though the issues faced along the way. The process had two stages, first it began with Cia Melhoramentos, a company responsible for many other constructions in Poços de Caldas. Later, due to the lack of resources, this company bankrupted, then Minas Gerais  Government continued the building construction until it’s conclusion, which was ordered by the Governor Antônio Carlos.

.

In a city surrounded by a glamourous European atmosphere and the casino roulettes working in full steam, Palace Hotel opened its doors and came up as one of the biggest and most luxury hotels from the whole region. Then it was rented to Vivaldi Leite Ribeiro, but after a serious disagreement with the new Governor Benedito Valadares, Ribeiro was forced to vacate the place with all the furniture in just 48 hours. So, in 1937, the State had the building once again and it remained closed for the next two years.

.

In 1939, Palace was back on track managed by the State and from this moment on, it started receiving many important people, such as Heads of State from Latin America, famous artists and many other celebrities. President Getúlio Vargas was constantly seen around the luxury halls of the hotel in the company of his wife, Darci Vargas, who was always at the city to take care of her health with the medicinal waters from the place.

.

A decade later, in 1950, the Palace Hotel was rented for ten years to Theophilo Cunhas Industries. In 1960, when Hidrominas was created, the establishment once again was going to be managed by the State, at this time Magalhães Pinto was the governor, this situation remained until 1994, when the place was rented again, now to Carlton Plaza Group, represented by Paulo Roberto Miguel da Costa. This group still manages the hotel, preserving its culture and beauty.

.

In 1989 the Palace Hotel was registered on the Minas Gerais Constitution, year that other known places from the country such as Araxá and Serra do Curral, were also part of the same protective registration process. Nowadays it is known as an authentic Historical Patrimony from Poços de Caldas which has a beautiful history told by the glamour of the days when it was built.

.

palace-hotel-pocos

.

The beauty in details

Eduardo Pederneiras, designer of the whole project, always had an incredible good taste. Whether in the orthogonal lines or in the geometric and symmetrical forms, porches or columns, his talent was registered, bringing Classic, Neoclassic and Basque styles to the construction. Besides the architectonic set gathered in Palace Hotel, Palace Casino and Antônio Carlos Thermae, Pederneiras was also responsible for buildings nationally distinguished, like Glória Building in Rio de Janeiro, which at those days was occupied by Monroe Hotel and Gloria Theater, great times from Cinelândia.

.

Another personality that also made history in Poços de Caldas was Reynaldo Dierberger.  He ruled the landscaping design around the architectonic set created by Pederneiras. He harmoniously added to the site Getúlio Vargas Square and Pedro Affonso Junqueira Park. Besides, Dierberger also gave his contribution to another touristic attraction from the city, Dos Amores Fountain.

.

Both of them made Palace Hotel an outstanding place, but the future still held some changes to the building. In 1970, a beautiful thermal pool, designed with a roman style, was inaugurated by Rondon Pacheco, the Minas Gerais governor in 1971 and 1975.

.

From the delicate ceramic tiles imported from the United States installed in the reception, to the wonderful stained glasses with Art Deco style, made by Casa Conrado from São Paulo, the whole place is full of charm and every single detail in Palace Hotel brings some history. The beautiful marble statue “Le Prime Rose” that gracefully adorns the Winter Garden is a masterpiece from Antônio Botinelli and it has an identic version at the Butti Museum, in northern Italy. The famous Italian artist is also known by his masterpieces in exposition at the Louvre, in Paris and at the Duomo, in Milan.

.

After so many decades, we can still realize all the charm preserved at Palace hotel. The fascination brought by the beauty of the place gives the visitors the privilege to live an exciting journey in to the luxury past from the thirties.

[:pb][:]

Powered by WordPress Popup